Director of Operations
About London Sport:
We are London Sport. Our vision is to make London the most physically active city in the world. Not through sport for sport’s sake, but by using sport and physical activity to help people improve their lives and London to continue to grow and prosper by realising all the health, social and economic benefits of a more active population.
We know that the more committed we are in in our efforts, the more committed people will be to leading an active life. We work by collaborating with organisations throughout the city and nationwide to innovate and inspire Londoners to lead more actives lives. That’s what drives us on, it’s why we exist and why the Mayor of London, Sport England and London Councils support us.
Purposes of the post:
A member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Operations is responsible for the operational delivery of London Sport, leading a large team with expertise across a wide range of specialisms, whilst ensuring excellence in our work and tangible success versus our goals and targets. Working closely with the CEO, the Director of Operations manages the organisation’s relationships with its key stakeholders and a large group of organisational partners ranging from local authorities, delivery organisations and physical activity and Sport for Good charities.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- To play a proactive role in the Senior Leadership Team of London Sport, actively contributing to effective leadership and management of the organisation to ensure the organisation’s vision is delivered. Includes active participation in quarterly Board meetings and other engagement activities with the London Sport Board.
- To lead the Operations team, building and maintaining a high performing and motivated team to ensure excellence in the operational output and activities of the organisation and a culture of excellence in service delivery and stakeholder management.
- To ensure the ongoing personal and professional development of the Operations team to ensure that members are delivering against their objectives, achieving their personal goals and developing their career to the fullest extent possible at London Sport.
- To lead on London Sport’s work with regional stakeholders and partners, for example: the GLA, Public Health England, London Councils and many others to drive a unified approach to physical activity policy and practice across Greater London.
- To lead an effective stakeholder management programme for the organisation, strengthening our relationships with key partners and maximising our influence in our areas of expertise.
- To work with the Insight and Communications directorates to ensure that the impacts of Operations are measured and communicated to maximise the reputation of London Sport
- To continually seek best practice, innovative ideas and new ways of working to contribute to organisational success versus our vision and goals.
- To represent the organisations at key external forums and promote London Sport wherever possible by undertaking speaking opportunities and other activities to raise the profile of the organisation and our work.
- To undertake any other duties deemed relevant by the Board or the Chief Executive Officer.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form, CV and a covering letter which is no more than 2 sides of A4, and outlines your suitability for the role against the 12 essential criteria in the person specification, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on Sunday 17 March 2019.