Local Advocacy Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £48,000 depending of experience
Location: Vauxhall, London
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the legal, casework and advice function at Britain’s biggest walking charity. This is a new role, and a great time to join the Ramblers’ team. As Local Advocacy Manager, you will lead a major two-year project to improve our effectiveness at influencing local policy and practice through voluntary action. As well as playing an important volunteer management role, you will lead the development of our legal strategy and find new ways to engage with local authorities. This is a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity, and to help us achieve our ambition of a country designed for walking.
This is senior role is our Policy and Advocacy Team, with management responsibility for three members of staff.
Essential Requirements include:
• Strategic thinker with sound political judgement.
• Good understanding of local government and experience of influencing local decision-making.
• Experience of working with and managing volunteers or members in an advocacy, influencing and/ or casework context.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret and explain complex information, including legal documents.
• Ability to quickly develop detailed knowledge of issues affecting rights of way, including path maintenance and planning decisions.
• Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to deliver workshops and write clearly for a range of audiences and purposes.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Experience of working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to build consensus and achieve change.
• Experience of managing and motivating team members.
• Sound project management skills, including the ability to manage budgets and develop new management systems and processes.
How to apply
Completed applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
Closing date for applications is 17 March 2019