The primary ethos and approach of the Community Relationship Officer – Urban Sport will be to empower community youth organisations to provide young people with the inspiration and confidence to view the public realm in their neighbourhood as an environment of which they – as members of the community – share ownership and in which they are empowered to be active.
The Officer will take a people-centred approach, ensuring that young people from the local area are at the heart of all decision making about the project.
The role aims to challenge the ‘No Ball Games’ culture and increase the number of urban spaces where sport and physical activity is permitted and embraced. This work will include regular interaction with UK Wallball, promoting an activity that is low-cost, simple to learn and play and easily adaptable to urban spaces.
The Officer will develop relationships with organisations that engage young people and support the young people themselves to apply for funding to get more people active in the areas that they live.
Main activities and responsibilities
- To positively engage with wallball and urban sport stakeholders and partner organisations to secure their commitment and collaboration towards the strategic objectives shared with London Sport.
- To work with stakeholders including youth organisations and inactive young people to co-design and manage specific programmes, activities and projects relating to wallball and urban sports.
- To act as a relationship lead for designated wallball and urban sport stakeholder groups and organisations, primarily at a local level.
- To develop and successfully implement partnership agreements with relevant stakeholders and partner organisations, defining clear roles and responsibilities.
- To regularly gather monitoring data, customer insight and user feedback to identify service improvements and to incorporate these into refined plans.
- To work effectively with colleagues to ensure co-ordination, integration and synergy between work strands and programmes.
- To continually seek best practice and strive to identify and implement service improvement.
- To ensure self-development of competencies, skills and knowledge as required by the role.
- To deputise for the Relationship Managers where necessary.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities of the post at all times in compliance with London Sport’s policies.
- To undertake any other duties deemed relevant by the Relationship Manager or Strategic Relationship Manager.