Sports Development Officer
Salary: £27,387 to £30,762
Location: Leicester-Shire & Rutland
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) are seeking to recruit a Sports Development Officer to support the delivery and developments of programmes linked to the Ambition and Foundation areas of the LRS Physical Activity & Sport Strategy in order to reduce inactivity and increase participation within physical activity and sport.
There will be a specific focus on (although not limited to):
- Managing and further developing the Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland Active Schools County Competition Calendar
- Delivering County level school sport competition finals, including the Level 3 School Games (Championships and Super Series Finals) and Team Leicestershire Finals
- Managing and further developing the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Active Schools website, including school fixtures and results and all competition monitoring and evaluation
- Ensuring strong continued relationships with National Governing Bodies of Sport, School Sport Associations, School Games Organisers, Heads of PE and schools.
You will be required to ensure that specific projects, programmes and initiatives are delivered on time and on budget as well as supporting the identification of new partnership projects and opportunities as required by the LRS (CSP) Director.
You will need to have experience of:
- Successfully managing large scale sport/physical activity/health/community projects/initiatives and programmes
- Working in partnership and providing development support and advice to a range of partner organisations
- The ability to support and mentor staff and volunteers together with experience of working with non sport partners eg. health, police, youth service and young offenders
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office ie. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Proven ability to initiate and develop practices, analyse and use judgement to identify the best solution to a range of different problems and issues
If you feel you have the right skills and passion for this area of work we would like to hear from you by completing an application form.
If you would like further information or to have an informal discussion please contact Geoff Maltby, Sports Development Manager on 01 509 564862 or email@example.com
How to apply
For more information on how to apply, please click here
Closing date for applications is 21 February 2019