Chief Executive Officer
Location: Work from home. To also include significant travel to London for meetings with key partners as well as national trips to stakeholders when necessary.
During this exciting period of change the CEO will lead the organisation in a new direction whilst at the same time respond to the immediate needs of the system to ensure its membership receive an excellent standard of support as and when it is required. Key responsibilities of the role are highlighted below:
• To oversee the delivery of the BAC Strategic plan and associated agreed KPIs with UK Sport, through line management of all BAC staff and effective and continuous engagement with the BAC Board of Directors.
• Develop and sustain the relationship of all UK Sport funded NGBs and broader BAC members.
• Ensure compliance with the company’s legal obligations e.g. company law, safeguarding, equality, and data protection.
• Ensure that the Board is properly briefed on issues arising at Board meetings and receives adequate information to fulfil its duties, such as reports on the BAC’s performance, together with the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the BAC.
• Lead the development of the culture of the BAC through shared visions and values.
• Manage and plan the annual budget and negotiate forward funding with UKS on an annual basis.
• Lead, motivate and develop BAC staff.
• To ensure processes of monitoring, evaluation and quality control, and the observation of key performance indicators across all areas of the organisation.
• To maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times with clients and colleagues.
• To follow Health & Safety procedures laid down by the Company in order to ensure the safety of self, colleagues and others.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation through appropriate processes of consultation and the mutual agreement of both parties.
• First degree in a relevant field.
• Post graduate degree or equivalent qualification (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to build trust and work in partnership with the Board and key stakeholders.
• Dynamic and enthusiastic leader with vision and ability to develop strategic goals and implement them.
• Experience of managing a team of staff and creating a positive work environment.
• High-level communication skills.
• Extensive financial management experience; managing budgets and allocating resources effectively.
• Outstanding commitment to athlete welfare and contributing to the growth of a healthy performance culture.
• Previous experience of working within performance sport desirable.
Behaviour Competencies and Qualities
• Innovative and self-assured, able to work alone and self-manage.
• Working with integrity and honesty to gain the confidence and respect of others.
• Encourages challenge and open debate.
• Committed, enthusiastic and motivated.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com
Closing date for application is 22 March 2019