Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 per annum
To lead on the development and delivery of content for the indoor rowing community, with the objective of growing participation and positioning indoor rowing as a key discipline of the sport. Support the delivery of British Rowing’s Communications, Marketing and PR Season Plan for the wider sport.
Indoor rowing responsibilities
- Work with the Indoor Rowing and Communications Teams on the creation of an indoor rowing communication strategy/ plan (to include industry and consumer focussed activity)
- Day-to-day lead on roll-out of indoor rowing communication strategy/ plan, working closely with the Head of Communications & Marketing, communications team and Indoor Rowing Team.
- Produce engaging and inspiring indoor rowing focused content for social media, website, PR activity, e-newsletter, Rowing & Regatta magazine, membership etc. To include regular posts, articles, training programmes, guidance, advice, activations, challenges and videos etc, aligned to the British Rowing content calendar.
- Content to be tailored to the needs of different market segments including health and fitness market (drawing upon recent 2CV market segmentation research); school/college/university audiences; on-water rowing community and other target groups as appropriate.
- Maintain/ develop indoor rowing event calendar and attend/ report on indoor rowing events.
- Support organisation/ delivery of the Indoor Rowing Forum alongside the Indoor Rowing Team.
- Support Indoor Rowing community stakeholder management, working with the Head of Commercial and the Indoor Rowing Team. Develop and maintain relationships with key individuals involved in indoor rowing and the wider rowing community.
- Day-to-day liaison with health & fitness, consumer and lifestyle media outlets (building on existing Promote PR activity), working with the Head of Communications & Marketing.
- Attend all relevant indoor rowing and communications meeting, at HQ and off-site, including the weekly and monthly Indoor Rowing Team meetings.
- Monthly monitoring and evaluation of indoor rowing community and content activity, aligned to agreed objectives and key performance indicators.
Wider rowing responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day management of the British Rowing digital channels.
- Support internal communications across British Rowing.
- Support rowing PR opportunities with a focus on inclusivity and diversity.
- Support through digital communications activities GB Rowing Team and British Rowing Championships events.
- Work well across all British Rowing teams and maintain regular communications with all.
- Present a positive image of British Rowing (including its committees, volunteers and staff) and the sport of rowing at all times.
- Perform any other relevant duties as and when required by British Rowing.
- This list is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive, as there may be other reasonable duties and requirements associated with the post, which British Rowing may call upon the post-holder to perform from time to time.
- Passionate about sport.
- Graduate with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in PR/ Marketing/ Communications.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when required.
- A great communicator with the ability to target communications to the different needs of a diverse indoor rowing community.
- Strong social media development expertise.
- Strong written skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Good Project Management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat software, including Photoshop, Premier Pro and InDesign, amongst other.
- Good team worker.
- Experienced in working with diverse teams.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Self-motivated, forward thinking and creative.
- An innovative mind set and an ability to challenge the status quo.
- Graphic design skills.
- Videography and video editing skills.
- Schools/ college/ university sector experience.
- Experience of working for or with a health/ fitness operator, sport, a national governing body, sports league, sports brand or similar.
- Interest in and knowledge of on-water rowing.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV alongside a covering letter to HR Manager, Rosy Burness (Rosy.Burness@britishrowing.org) by Wednesday 13 February.