Finance & Payroll Officer
Salary: £33,000 per annum - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
To support the organisation in providing financial services to the charity and its stakeholders. To ensure the delivery of finance functions. The includes day to day purchase processing activities, overall responsibility for payroll activities and providing support with maintaining records, production of financial reports, completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties to ensure the smooth running of the finance department.
This role is part of the Services Team.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
Essential Requirements include:
• To prepare the monthly payroll process ensuring that all adjustments and deductions are correctly accounted for and to ensure payments are
made on the agreed dates
• To assist the Finance Officer in making the monthly credit card statements available to card holders in order for them to submit their claim
in a timely manner and to prepare a monthly reconciliation.
• The prompt processing of purchase invoices and expenses in accordance with our established procedures in order to provide management and
statutory reporting information.
• Preparation of the regular payment runs including cheques and BACS runs
• Production of various analysis reports including the monthly budget reports
• Preparation and processing of adjustments in the financial database.
• Support staff in understanding our policies and procedures including inductions for new starters, and responding to general queries.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
How to apply
The role profile (job description and person specification) can be found here: Job Pack – Finance and Payroll officer
Application is by CV and covering letter
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer, the equal opps form can be found here – Equal Opps Monitoring Form
Completed forms or applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 17 February 2019