Training Executive – Content Developer (Golf Coaching & Sports Science)
Location: PGA National Training Academy, The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield
The Professional Golfers’ Association is seeking an experienced and qualified individual to support the development and delivery of its Coach Education and Sports Science
The Professional Golfers’ Association is one of sports most recognisable and respected global organisations that has over 8,000 members working in over 80 countries around the world. We deliver industry and academic focused programmes for aspiring PGA Professionals and industry professionals, and are proud collaborative partners with the University of Birmingham and the University of Highlands and Islands. The PGA’s unique programmes are the only education routes that lead to membership of the world’s oldest PGA.
Based at the PGA National Training Academy, The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield, the successful candidate will work with a dynamic academic team, delivering and developing various educational materials, across a range of PGA qualifications and educational initiatives.
The successful candidate will work alongside two other Training Executives and their role would include:
- Developing, producing, uploading learning materials including webinars/videos using Microsoft/E-learning packages
- Preparing and evaluating the delivery of teaching sessions, delivery of sessions where required
- Designing, editing and managing examination/assessment writing
- Help administer meetings with tutors, assessors, markers, partners and others when required
- Supporting implementation of quality assurance (internal verification) measures for programmes
- Working closely with Academy and industry experts to help ensure programmes meets quality standards
- Contributing to provide annual reports, subject/module/student feedback to the PGA, University
- Working closely with industry experts and undertaking research to help ensure learning materials remain cutting-edge and that programmes continue to be ground-breaking.
Our academic team say the following about working on our academic programmes:
“I’ve had the opportunity to manage and lead a team of expert tutors who contribute to the delivery of the FdSc programme. This offered me a great opportunity to meet well-connected people within the industry and upskill my knowledge”.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed delivering lectures to our students on the BSc AGMS degree programme and have learnt so much from working alongside a TEF Gold Russell Group University”.
Qualifications and experience that are essential for the role include: being educated to graduate level in a relevant subject area; experience in design, development, presentation, creation, editing of learning materials to include webinars/video; experience in the delivery, assessment, monitoring of qualifications; computer literate in Microsoft packages and educational platforms; an understanding of all aspects of sports coaching inc. methods, processes and development; knowledge of the technical, tactical, physical, mental, lifestyle elements of golf.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the successful candidate to gain experience within an organisation that delivers cutting-edge education. In addition to a competitive salary, the Association is offering membership of the PGA pension scheme and (after a qualifying period) membership of the private healthcare, group income protection and group life assurance schemes.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 35 hours per week around the core hours of the business (9 am until 5 pm Monday to Friday).
How to apply
To apply please register your interest initially by requesting a job description for the role then forward your CV and a covering letter that clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to Dawn Sales, HR/Health & Safety Advisor: email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, 20 February 2019
Interviews are expected to take place at the PGA National Training Academy Wednesday, 27 February 2019.