Digital Marketing Officer
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 per annum plus paid holiday
The Sport and Recreation Alliance believes that the power of sport and recreation can change lives and bring communities together. Together with our members and in partnership with the wider sector, we make the most of opportunities and tackle the areas that provide a challenge.
We provide advice, support and guidance to our members and the sector, who represent traditional governing bodies of games and sport, county sports partnerships, outdoor recreation, water pursuits, and movement and dance exercise. As the voice of the sector, we work with government, policy makers and the media to make sure grassroots sport and recreation grows and thrives. Having an active nation is important as it delivers huge benefits to society and the millions of participants, volunteers, staff and spectators.
We are looking for a creative marketeer with a knack for creating engaging content to inspire action for a range of audiences.
You’ll be working within a highly-focused small team with responsibility for promoting the organisation, the activities of our members, the benefits of membership, our corporate partners and campaigns across our website and other digital channels. This includes delivering and measuring the performance of all of our digital output and keeping our content, relevant and lively.
This is a broad and collaborative role responsible for internal and external communications and marketing activity so you will work closely with the Communications and Engagement manager, Media Communications officer, and the Events officer. The successful candidate will play a key role in keeping the Alliance’s messaging up to date and on target and work closely with the Membership Development officer to clearly demonstrate the value of membership to recruit, retain and engage with members.
You will help set and deliver our marketing plans across all channels and also lead on the coordination of publishing projects – therefore some experience of managing a creative design (digital and print) process is important.
This a busy role and represents a really good chance to learn and make your mark. The environment is very positive and fun as you would expect in a sporting organisation, but we work hard.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Writing, commissioning and editing content – from newsletters to social media content as part of integrated marketing communications and campaigns across all our channels;
- Managing social media feeds, providing analysis on performance and making recommendations to improve through research and testing;
- Managing the website, keeping it up to date with relevant content to support the organisation’s activities and measuring its effectiveness using Google Analytics;
- Production of compelling imagery that reflects our brand and drives traffic to our website, including infographics that communicate key information that reflect our objectives;
- Joining meetings and playing a part in making the decisions which shape the Alliance’s plans around communications and marketing. This includes developing and delivering a content plan for our digital channels that supports the communications strategy.
- Working closely with Policy, Governance and Corporate Services teams to create and promote activities, tools, resources, case studies and impact stories that share lessons, and best practice models.
- General administrative duties as required.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Strong, lively writing and editing skills with an excellent command of grammar and English
- Ability to write for different audiences
- Must be comfortable using CMS and CRM systems
- Experience of planning and managing marketing campaigns and communications across digital channels
- Excellent understanding of current digital marketing technologies and production tools
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle tasks
- Good team player ethos, willing to get ‘stuck-in’
- Excellent understanding of social and digital media
- Ability to see the big picture and know ‘what’ to say as opposed to just ‘how’ to say it
- Personable and able to establish relationships quickly
- Proven experience in a digital communications and website development
- Experience of promoting products and services of an organisation
- Used to creating content for multiple audiences and understanding how to adjust the messages to fit
- Experience of managing social media channels and making sure all activity supports the communications strategy and produces engaging digital conversations
- Experience in producing engaging and persuasive content for print and digital publications and channels
- Internal communications in a membership organisation
- Graphic design and basic web design
- An active and keen interest in sport and recreation and the issues which affect the sector
- An interest in politics
- Experience of developing a content strategy
- Experience of managing external agencies
How to apply
To apply, please complete an Application Form an equal opportunities form and send these, along with your CV to email@example.com or write to Alex Wilkinson, Human Resources, Sport and Recreation Alliance, Holborn Tower, 137-145 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6PL.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Rob Arnott at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 24 February 2019.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 6 March 2019 and candidates are expected to make themselves available.
The Sport and Recreation Alliance is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships. The Sport and Recreation Alliance is keen to further increase the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We appreciate the range of skills and experience our staff have to offer. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we commit to actively developing and supporting you. We also offer a very generous range of benefits including: pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme, childcare voucher scheme, gym contributions, private healthcare, volunteering days and generous holiday entitlement. We are based in newly refurbished offices in the heart of London and adopt a flexible approach to working patterns. Come and work for us, we are nice!
Prior to completing and submitting an application, please refer to our privacy notices on our website.