Business Development and Partnership Manager
Salary: £32,000 - £45,904 (It is our policy to appoint at the lowest end of the grade; if candidates are able to evidence a higher current salary within the grade, this may be considered at London Sport’s discretion)
Contract: Initial 9 months Fixed term (Maternity cover)
About London Sport:
We are London Sport. Our vision is to make London the most physically active city in the world – not through sport for sport’s sake, but sport helping London to continue to grow and prosper by realising all the health, social and economic benefits of a more active population.
We are looking for a Business Development and Partnership Manager to join our team
London Sport would like the successful candidate in this role to provide the account management function for London Sport’s commercial partners, ensuring that our agreed responsibilities are delivered on time and to budget with the highest level of ‘customer service’ throughout.
The Business Development and Partnership Manager would also strategically lead London Sport’s consultancy hub; to create a capable, business-minded workforce, show added value and increase unrestricted income from public and private partners.
Along with this, they would need to be able to champion an innovative approach, ensuring concepts are explored, validated and put into action with relevant partners.
Finally, London Sport would want this person to be able to lead on the innovative approach to funding submissions, working closely with the Strategic Fundraising Lead to develop concepts and programmes that form part of the funding submission, where London Sport is the lead applicant.
Main activities and responsibilities
- To create and lead on any new initiatives or business solutions that support London Sport objectives and potentially raise additional income into London
- To support the Commercial Director in seeking new commercial partners and producing compelling pitches
- To manage the accounts of selected corporate partners, to ensure that London Sport delivers on agreed responsibilities on time, to budget and to a high standard
- To engage directly with potential and current partners, to secure investment for various London Sport activities and events.
- To create project plans for selected new programmes, working with all teams at London Sport to ensure that all staff know, and are supported to deliver on, their responsibilities for each programme.
- To ensure that the organisation’s Customer Relationship Management system, as it pertains to the Commercial team, is accurate at all times, producing reports as required
3.Manage the consultancy hub:
- To lead the consultancy arm of London Sport, to ensure the model remains reflective of London Sport’s services and values
- To develop and enhance the consultancy model, overseeing the pricing strategy, staff and associate training, marketing and new business.
4.Lead on innovation:
- To champion an innovative approach across all areas of the business, ensuring that London Sport continue to be a trailblazer, producing new concepts and putting them into action
- To deliver the ‘Big Ideas Group’, ensuring all London Sport staff are engaged in the process and members are encouraged and supported appropriately.
- To lead on developing ideas for potential funding and grant applications for London Sport.
- To support the wider London Sport team, providing input across all teams and sharing expertise and advice
5.To continually seek best practice and strive to identify and implement service improvement.
6.To ensure self-development of competencies, skills and knowledge as required by the role.
7.To deputise for the Commercial Director where necessary.
8.To carry out duties and responsibilities of the post at all times in compliance with London Sport’s policies.
9.To undertake any other duties deemed relevant by the Director of Business Development.
Candidates are asked to send a completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form.
How to apply
Applications should be made via email and sent directly to HR@londonsport.org by 23:59 on Tuesday 12 March 2019.
To find out more and apply please visit: https://londonsport.org/vacancy/business-development-and-partnership-manager/
London Sport is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment