Salary: £45,000 - £48,000
Location: Glamorgan Cricket Club, Sophia Gardens Stadium, Cardiff, CF11 9XR.
Start date: From April 2019
Sophia Gardens stadium is the home of Glamorgan County Cricket Club and we are recruiting to fulfil the role of a Lead Physiotherapist for the Club.
The aim of the Glamorgan sports science and medicine strategy is to optimise the Club’s best players’ availability and performance through the provision of outstanding sports science and medicine services. The Lead Physiotherapist will be responsible for the provision of physiotherapy support to the professional playing staff of Glamorgan CCC.
- Coordinate physiotherapy support all year round to the county professional squad
- Provide management and leadership to other Physiotherapists employed or engaged by the Club
- Coordinating medical support system for players through the club Medical Officer and network of specialists in diagnostics, orthopaedics and any other required fields.
- In conjunction with the County’s Strength and Conditioning (S&C) Coach and sports medic provide a multidiscipline support network with the overall aim of minimising days lost during the county cricket season, improving performance and fitness levels to all professional and development programme players.
- Using screening and assessment results to develop an injury prevention strategy both to the individual and the team as a whole, and implement these protocols with S&C coach in line with the Director of Cricket’s overall strategy.
- In collaboration with the S&C Coach, Director of Cricket, Head Coach and Head of Talent Development, formally monitor and review players’ workloads at regular management meetings.
- Provide ‘under terms of contract/policy’, Physiotherapy support and supervision to England centrally contracted, and England Development Squad players as necessary. In conjunction with ECB National Cricket Performance Centre Staff, establish, communicate and monitor ‘shared’, injury prevention and management programmes for those players.
- Provide or locally coordinate rehabilitation support services to the identified England players based at Glamorgan CCC. Ensuring year-round services are provided by suitably qualified Physiotherapists.
- Participate in the annual ECB/Physiotherapists in County Cricket meeting and contribute to ongoing CPD and Science and Medicine Congress programmes.
- Undertake appropriate professional development to keep abreast of world’s best practice.
- Provide operational leadership and management of S&C programmes and high qualify delivery to Glamorgan CCC players and teams including the co-ordination of the annual ECB science and medicine audit
- Work closely with the Head Coach and Head of Talent Development to develop and deliver integrated support programmes meeting the performance and development needs of Glamorgan CCC players
- Performance benchmarking and quality management processes for all aspects of Physiotherapy based on ‘best practice’
- Work with the Director of Cricket, Head Coach and other senior managers of Glamorgan CCC to align science and medicine to corporate goals
- Liaise closely with the Head Coach, and be prepared to undertake any other duties related to the work of these functions
Applicants ideally must live within daily travelling distance of Cardiff and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to Amanda Simisker, Head of Events, Catering & HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy will close on Friday 15 February and interviews will take place week on Thursday 21 and Friday 22 February 2019.