Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience
The Management Accountant reports to the Financial Controller as part of the Finance Team. The purpose of the role is to timely and accurate financial information to support British Rowing’s financial management needs.
- Review financial management information, investigate variances and correct any errors, highlighting issues to management;
- Produce and reconcile project/event/grant funding income and expenditure reports, comparing to budgets and forecasts and alerting management to significant variances;
- Support management in the development of management information systems for the organisation;
- Support management in the implementation of financial controls to ensure security of organisation’s assets;
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and accurately record capital assets and depreciation;
- Regularly reconcile all other balance sheet accounts, highlighting issues and concerns to management;
- Reconcile bank balances, including foreign currencies, on a timely basis and monitor working capital requirements by producing cash flow forecasts;
- Prepare monthly accounting journals to ensure financial information accurately reflects accounting standards including accrual and prepayment adjustments;
- Assist management with year-end activities including preparing the Trial Balance and liaising with external auditors;
- Support management with the preparation and calculation of VAT returns and other government returns;
- Oversee weekly BACS payment runs to suppliers and member clubs and competitions;
- Review debtor and creditor ledgers, investigating any issues and discrepancies to support the credit control of debtors; and
- Other ad hoc tasks as directed.
This job specification is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
- Part qualified accountant or similarly qualified by experience
- Recent experience of working in a similar position
- Proven experience of excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising the standard of work
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven experience of building excellent working relationships with non-financial members of the organisation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capability to work both alone and closely with a team
- Experience in Microsoft GP Dynamics
- Understanding of sport sector or not for profit organisations
Standard working hours are 9:00 to 17:00, Monday – Friday, although flexibility is required to ensure core objectives are achieved.
British Rowing is a membership organisation with 30,000+ members, funded partly by the exchequer and by the National Lottery via Sport England and UK Sport. The organisation is responsible for the training and selection of individual rowers and crews representing Great Britain, and for the development and participation of rowing and indoor rowing in England. Rowing is one of the most successful British Olympic sports of all time delivering 26 Olympic and Paralympic medals since Sydney 2000. We are committed to ensuring that the sport continues to thrive from the grass roots right up to winning medals at the Olympic Games.
British Rowing is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV alongside a covering letter to HR Manager at Rosy.Burness@britishrowing.org
Only applicants to be invited for interview will be contact.
No CV's from agencies please.
Closing date for applications is 6 February 2019