Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Full-time, 35 hours per week
Location: Hamble, Southampton
The RYA offers a range of benefits which include; a personal pension scheme, free life insurance and an annual leave package of 28 days (plus public holidays).
Do you have experience of working or volunteering with children and young people, and an awareness of and commitment to safeguarding their welfare? Are you a confident communicator with the ability to relate well to a wide range of people? The RYA has achieved and maintained national standards for safeguarding children in sailing and boating and we are creating for an additional post of Safeguarding Officer to help strengthen our proactive two-way communication process with our affiliated clubs and organisations, volunteers, parents and young people.
The successful candidate will become the first point of contact for phone and e-mail enquiries about safeguarding good practice, and will support the Safeguarding & Equality Manager in developing and promoting information, guidance, resources and training via a variety of methods such as; the RYA website, newsletters, webinars, and occasional weekend conferences and events (for which time off in lieu will be granted).
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate:
- Confidence in using IT applications and willingness to learn new systems (training will be provided on the RYA’s internal systems);
- Excellent written communication skills and an eye for detail;
- Creativity in developing printed and online resources for different user groups;
- Good organisational and administrative skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines, whilst also handling day to day enquiries and tasks;
- An understanding of voluntary organisations, ideally but not necessarily in sport.
Some knowledge of sailing or another watersport, either as a participant, family member or volunteer, would be an advantage but is not essential.
How to apply
Please visit our website, www.rya.org.uk/go/jobs, to view the full job description and to download an application form. Completed application forms should be returned, along with an equality monitoring form, to Lisa.Rogers@rya.org.uk
Please note that we do not accept CVs in lieu of a fully completed application form.
Closing date for applications: Mid-day on Tuesday 29 January 2019
Interviews to be held: Thursday 7 February and/or Monday 11 February 2019