Sophia Gardens is the home of Glamorgan County Cricket Club and they are recuiting to fulfil the role of Groundsperson.
The successful candidate will assist the Head Groundsperson and his team in the preparation of pitches, practice nets, outfield and other areas of the Sophia Gardens and its out grounds to First Class and International standards.
- Assisting with the preparation and mainenance of playing surfaces, outfiled and practice facilties at the stadium to first class and international standards.
- Assisting and taking direction from the Head Groundsperson in placing and removing covering and surface water from the playing area for all matches played at the stadium.
- Assisting with the setup of practice nets and practice faciltiies.
- To ensure that all turf machinery used at the stadium is well kept, cleaned and maintained in good condition and to ensure that all breakdowns are reported without delay so that coreective action can be taken.
- To be willing to learn from others and have an open minded approach to all matters concerning the preparation of pitches.
- To be a good time keeper and willing to work long hours, weekends and bank holidays due to the nature of the job.
- Take direction from the Head Groundsperson and fulfil any reasonable requests or duties required.
- To assist the Head Groundperson in keeping a safe working environment at all times.
- To work closely with the Head Groundsperson and all other members of the department to deliver high operational standards within the stadium and its out grounds.
Applicants ideally must live within daily travelling distance of Cardiff and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
If you wish to apply for the position please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Glamorgan County Cricket Club