Head of Classification
Salary: This is a voluntary role at Para Dance UK, we will refund reasonable travel & subsistence expenses.
Location: Mainly Home based. But will need to attend meetings at Head office in Watford and attend National Competition each year
Objectives: As Head of Classification we require the individual to ensure:
- All information produced by Para Dance UK around Classification to Athletes is factual and up to date.
- Support the effective management of the UK Para Dance Sport Classification system
- Develop and sustain a list of professionals (Doctors, Physio, Sport Technicians) that can be used for UK Classifications and Research in the Para Dance Sport Development
- Ensure that at all Para Dance UK competitions, that medical representation is included in planning and relevant people in place at events (where relevant)
- Safeguard the reputation and values of Para Dance UK
- Act in the best interests of the charity, not the interests of yourself or another organisation
We are looking for an individual with the following attributes:
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in written form
- Ensures own behaviours are aligned to Para Dance UK philosophy, values and behaviours
- IT literate with competent ability in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Welcomes feedback and considers it carefully
- Works well with others as part of a team
- Encourages collaboration between colleagues to create a strong team-working environment
- Self-motivated and able to work under her / his own direction to achieve stated objectives within the necessary timescales.
- Provides positive leadership traits and able to inspire and influence athletes and colleagues.
- Ensures Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to
- Works in a flexible and agile manner to meet the needs of the programme, athlete and colleagues.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities and our policy is to ensure that no volunteer application or employee receives less favourable treatment, particularly on the grounds of sex, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
- We have designed this application process to help us select the best candidate for the role and to eliminate the possibility of discrimination
How to apply
Email CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 27 February 2019