Chief Coach- British Police Olympic Boxing Coach
Salary: Expenses Paid
The British Police Boxing Association seeks a British Police Chief Coach & Individual National coaches covering England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The British Police Boxing Association [BPBA] is in the process of re-joining Police Sport UK [PSUK] the overarching body controlling all sports within the British Police Service.
The British Police Boxing Association [BPBA] is the governing body for Olympic boxing activities throughout the British Police Service. This includes:
All Regional Police Services within the United Kingdom including England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, The States of Jersey, The British Transport Police, The Civil Nuclear Constabulary, The Ministry of Defence Police and The National Crime Agency.
In order to ensure that the new structure is ‘fit for purpose’ we are seeking to recruit a Olympic Boxing Coach who will have the specific remit for female boxing UK wide.
Applicants will be serving or retired members of any of the above named Police Service organisations including Police Support staff and be qualified to at least a Level 2 Olympic Boxing Coach.
The successful applicant will be integral committee members of the BPBA and will be responsible for the following:
- Taking a lead in promoting Police Service boxing particularly addressing female participation, skills progression [courses etc] and competition throughout the United Kingdom;
- Supporting National Police Service Chief Coaches in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to lead on female participation [See * below];
- To support and advise on the forming of teams to represent National Police female teams [England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland];
- To select female teams and individuals to represent the British Police Boxing Association;
- To facilitate training camps and other related activities in the promotion of female participation.
Albeit the position is open to all gender, applications are particularly invited from suitably qualified female coaches.
This is a voluntary post however, all reasonable expences will be met together with appropriate release from duty subject to the post holder’s Chief Officer where appropriate.
* CHIEF COACH – Police Boxing Association of England; Police Boxing Association of Wales; Police Boxing Association of Scotland and Police Boxing Association of Northern Ireland.
Similarly qualified officers, Police Support staff or those retired from the Police Services of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland in order to drive our programme for female participation across the UK.
Further details can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications outlining briefly your past and current roles and qualifications within amateur boxing together with details of your current status within the British Police Service or date of retirement should be sent to the following address:
The Administrator, The Police Boxing Association, Lark Rise, Littleham, Devon, EX39 5HN or by E-mail to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 4 January 2019