Safeguarding Case Officer
Salary: £25,000 – £29,000 per annum pro rata depending on experience plus benefits
Location: England Golf Headquarters, The National Golf Centre, The Broadway, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, LN10 6PU
This is a new and critical role with England Golf. The Safeguarding Case Officer will coordinate and conduct investigations of safeguarding incidents, referrals and reports of poor practice. Supporting our Lead Safeguarding Officer, you will manage the cases centrally ensuring that they are progressed efficiently and effectively in line with our policies, procedures, regulations, protocols and thresholds.
This role is integral to managing the caseload efficiently and effectively. You will act as the initial fact finder/investigative officer for all reported concerns and coordinate the work with the independent investigators as required.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous safeguarding case management experience;
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding and working with children at an operational level;
- Understanding of safeguarding and the roles and responsibilities of statutory agencies;
- High level of integrity and trust with the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters;
- Ability to analyse and disseminate information;
- An ability to undertake basic risk assessments;
- Display attitude and behaviour that respects and values diversity and promotes equal opportunity.
The successful applicant needs to be highly motivated with a positive solution focused attitude and a clear understanding of confidentiality and the principles of data protection. A knowledge of the game of golf is not essential for the role.
This post has been identified as involving access to adults and/or children at risk and in line with England Golf policy successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service Check and must also have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children course (SPC) or be willing to undertake one.
The position is full-time (Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm core hours) but you may be required to travel/work occasional weekends and evenings. The position is based at The National Golf Centre, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, although home working with significant attendance at England Golf headquarters will be considered. Any request should be stated on application.
We value being honest, inclusive, responsible, excellent and supportive.
How to apply
For more information download the full role description here.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 3 January 2019 at 11am
Interviews take place: Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 January 2019 at Woodhall Spa