Salary: £19,998 – £23,000 depending on experience per annum
Location: England Golf Headquarters, The National Golf Centre, The Broadway, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, LN10 6PU.
Our Championship team run over 50 various championship events each year and are looking for someone to join them to support, organise and deliver our handicap events. You will support the delivery of high-quality handicap events and our rules of golf education programme. You will be charged with representing England Golf when attending events and will need to be able to work with professionals and volunteers, as they are vital to what we do. You must have experience of running golf tournaments and a good knowledge of the rules of golf.
To be successful in the role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- A broad experience of golf and golf administration
- Be able to deal with the public in a variety of situations
- Have prior experience running golf tournaments and working in an administration or office environment
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and provide excellent customer service
- Prior experience of managing and answering rules of golf enquiries
- Be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and volunteers
The successful applicant needs to be self-motivated with a ‘can do’, results driven approach. A knowledge of the game of golf is essential for the role.
We value; being honest, inclusive, responsible, excellent and supportive.
The post is full-time (Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm core hours) however, you will be required to travel and work weekends/evenings as well as during school holidays. The role will also require regular levels of physical activity.
How to apply
The full role description can be downloaded here.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 2 January 2019 at 11am
Interviews take place: Monday 14 and/or Tuesday 15 January 2019 at Woodhall Spa