Area Support Officer South
Salary: £27,030 to £32,000 depending upon experience
Location: London office or Home working
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
We are looking for a highly skilled Area Support Officer South England.
This is a project officer level role where you will be expected to provide the coordination and delivery of Ramblers activities in England. In the main, activities are delivered through a network of volunteer-led local groups who in turn are coordinated by committees of regional volunteers. The role of area support officer is primarily focused on the provision of support to a limited number of area committees to help volunteers meet the Ramblers aspirations for them.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
Essential Requirements include:
- A proven track record in managing and working with volunteers
- Experience of designing and delivering training and support
- Experience of dealing with difficult and challenging situations
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable attention to detail and the needs of different audiences
- Ability to analyse data and present reports
- Excellent IT skills and an ability to support others to use software and programmes
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to travel and to spend evenings and weekends away from home
- Interest in knowledge of walking or engaging people with the outdoors
- Experience of working for an organisation with a branch structure
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
The role profile (job description and person specification) can be found here: Job Pack – Area Support Officer (South)
How to apply
Application is by CV and covering letter with the Equal Opps Monitoring form
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer, the equal opps form can be found here – Equal Opps Monitoring Form
Completed forms or applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 15 January 2019
Interviews date: 23 January 2019 to 24 January 2019