Athlete & Supporter Liaison Officer
Salary: £20,000 and £25,000 per annum
The responsibilities It is an interesting and exciting time for British sport, with the next Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo less than two years away and the next edition of the Commonwealth Games being on home soil in Birmingham in 2022. For over forty years, SportsAid has been a thread running through the fabric of British sport, recognising and helping talented, young sports people to develop their potential and reach their personal best.
This is an opportunity to join a committed and driven team at SportsAid, taking on the responsibility of connecting and engaging with those people that support SportsAid’s work and the young athletes who benefit from the charity’s help. You will be at the heart of SportsAid’s activities and will have the opportunity to link into a range of projects, partnerships and events. In particular, you will be responsible for regular communication with supported athletes, including seeking updates on their performances and progress; collating relevant information in their athlete profiles; organising and briefing athletes to attend various SportsAid events including workshops, the SportsBall and during SportsAid Week, the charity’s annual week of fun and fundraising.
The charity operates with a relatively small team, and involvement in other activities is anticipated from time to time. The role is based in London, but occasional travel around the country may be necessary.
• Educated to degree level, ideally with some fundraising and/or charity-related experience.
• An interest in working with young people and a passion for sport.
• Enthusiasm and temperament to work in a small team in a fast-paced environment.
• A self-starter; enthusiastic, reliable, committed and motivated. A confident, effective communicator able to create and develop relationships with a range of different people.
• Excellent organisational and presentation skills; comfortable managing several different projects and activities in parallel.
• Sound IT competency; strong database management and Excel skills; financially literate.
• Committed to upholding organisational values; of the utmost integrity and discretion.
• An understanding of digital content management and social media communications is desirable.
How to apply
Apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 7 December 2018.
The intention is to hold interviews in the week beginning 10 December 2018.
All applicants must complete SportsAid’s equal opportunities form.
The form will be sent upon receipt of your application. SportsAid is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.