Wheelchair Tennis Technical Lead Performance Coach
Salary: Up to £45,000 dependant on experience
Our vision is to deliver a world-leading Wheelchair Tennis World Class Performance Programme (WCT WCP) to enable wheelchair players in Great Britain to produce winning performances at international level. In support of our vision, the Wheelchair Tennis Technical Lead Performance Coach will have direct responsibility for leading on the tennis specific technical and tactical content of individual player programmes within an interdisciplinary performance environment.
The role of the Wheelchair Tennis Technical Lead Performance Coach will be to work closely with the Disability Performance Director and Performance Support Lead over the strategic direction and delivery of the WCT WCP. Combined with this programme management role, the post holder will also be jointly responsible for the development of an overall annual plan that incorporates phases leading to major event success. This will be combined with direct on-court delivery at performance camps, targeted competitions and within specific medal focused events such as the World Team Cup and Paralympic Games.
This role will sit within the LTA structure following the integration of Tennis Foundation activities into the LTA as part of an exciting future for tennis is Britain, click here to read more.
- Work closely with the Disability Performance Director and Performance Support Lead over the strategic direction and delivery of the WCT WCP.
- In conjunction with the Disability Performance Director, define and review a series of key performance indicators that measures the impact of all coaching activities linked to the sport’s ‘what it takes to win’ framework
- Build, manage and maintain strong relationships, internal and external to the programme, to support the implementation of activity across the WCT WCP and broader player pathway.
- Support the Disability Performance Director in monitoring coaching content, delivery and effectiveness within programme activities and provide mentoring support and guidance where necessary.
- Attend and contribute to senior team meetings as part of the wheelchair tennis Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Act as a senior team member and coach at significant competitions including World Team Cups and the Paralympic Games.
Driving Forward Individual Player Performance
- Contribute to the design and development of the performance tracking and management tools within the WCT WCP in conjunction with programme staff
- Liaise with the player’s designated lead coach over technical and tactical aspects and interventions within the individual performance plan
- Work with the designated lead coach and player to enhance and accelerate progress toward agreed targets and outcomes at an elite level
- Work with the performance team supporting the player’s individual performance plan in the tracking, monitoring, assessment and feedback of progress
- Plan and hold a cycle of regular meetings that tracks progress and identifies priorities in line with the annual programme
- Analyse, interpret and present key findings of performance data in order to better inform decisions regarding player improvement and performance.
- Support the delivery of programmes in line with the WCT WCP strategic goals
- Lead on the identification of technical and tactical interventions and solutions that have a positive performance impact
Supporting the WCT WCP Pathway
- Work with programme staff, coaches and other colleagues to support player pathway development and activities
- Help contribute to the player selection process and work with other coaches to ensure effective transition of players between pathway levels
- Provide support, education and development to the designated coaches active in the WCT WCP player pathway.
- Support the development, refinement and application of the programme’s ‘what it takes to win’ framework
- Commit to coach education and development sessions where appropriate
- Support the development of classification processes throughout the pathway
- Ensure a disability risk assessment is in place for each player and work within the guidelines to support player wellbeing
- Undertake additional tasks related to the role and to monitor budgets to ensure activity is kept within a specified limit, identifying overspend and taking appropriate action with the Disability Performance Director
- Identify and attend initiatives, workshops and training that further enhances personal performance.
- Contribute to the development of an optimal culture and environment for players to enhance the WCT WCP and evoke trust and confidence from stakeholders.
- Undertake personal CPD, both formal and informal, as appropriate to meet the demands of the role and continue to challenge and enhance the work of the coaching team.
- Role model the values of the Tennis Federation at all times and act as a champion for diversity and inclusivity.
How to apply
For more information, please click here.
Closing date for applications is 10 December 2018