Corporate Partnership Fundraiser
Salary: £34,000 - £39,500 p.a. (depending on experience)
Location: Vauxhall, London
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
We are looking for an excellent relationship manager and highly skilled new business developer to lead our Corporate fundraising programme. The Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser will be responsible for delivering our Corporate Fundraising strategy with a key focus on developing new business opportunities to secure both core and restricted funding for the Ramblers including through Sponsorship arrangements, relationship management with existing corporate funders including People’s Postcode Lottery, leading on reciprocal marketing activity and membership benefit partners where of significant income potential to the Ramblers.
The post holder will manage the organisations funding and prospect pipelines, will identify corporate funding opportunities, conduct research, deliver presentations, proposal and pitches and apply for and secure funding opportunities primarily with commercial partnerships and where appropriate non-commercial organisations that may provide income generating opportunities. They will work closely with the Head of Fundraising to account manage our corporate partners with a focus on longer term strategic fundraising relationships, continually reviewing progress and driving added value. They will play a key role in ensuring our Impact & Evaluation reporting is of the highest possible standard and will engage and inspire our funders. They will also provide support, as necessary, to the Trust & Statutory Fundraiser on bids and pitches for other forms of funding.
The Membership and Fundraising division is responsible for attracting and retaining members and supporters and generating the vast majority of the Ramblers income – essential for the delivery of our mission and the health and sustainability of the charity. The division was formed in September 2017, to bring the membership and fundraising teams together as one united team, to more effectively grow our community of members and supporters – and associated income. This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
Essential Requirements include:
- Proven and demonstrable account management / relationship management skills and experience
- Proven track record in delivering income targets between £100k - £5 million from partnerships
- Ability to research, compile and manage prospect pipelines
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with a range of audiences
- Ability to develop high quality, coherent and thorough fundraising proposals and pitches
- Negotiation skills – the post-holder will be required to undertake negotiation with companies, often complex, on behalf of the Ramblers whether agreeing terms with corporate partners or negotiating with colleagues across the Ramblers to deliver on each partnership
- Good attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competence in the use of IT tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Copywriting for fundraising communications
- Significant knowledge of direct marketing and integrated campaign principles
- Understanding of key donor recruitment channels and approaches
- Proven Project Management experience
- Donor stewardship techniques
- Relationship/Account Management experience
- Able to work independently, applying own initiative
- Able to be flexible and adaptable
The role profile (job description and person specification) can be found here: Job Pack – Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser
How to apply
Application is by CV and covering letter, accompanied by an Equal Opportunities Form
Any declarations of unspent convictions should be passed to HR in a sealed envelope at the interview stage.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer; the equal opportunities form can be found here – Equal Opps Monitoring Form
Completed forms or applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12 December 2018
Interviews will take place between 17 December & 19 December 2018
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.