Salary: £31,880 to £42,500 per annum (dependent upon experience)
The Events Team at British Gymnastics put on some of the best Gymnastics Events in the world, from British Championships in all disciplines to prestigious Internationals including World and European Championships. They ensure that our Gymnasts get the very best competitive experiences.
We are looking for an Events Manager to facilitate the requirements of the Technical Committees regarding the successful delivery of National Events/Competitions aimed at providing competitive opportunities to support the performance pathway. It is important to note that in order to attend and work at the events, this role includes working away from home and working weekends.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Facilitating the National Events/Competitions and home internationals
• Liaising with Technical Committees and Performance Sport regarding the planning of the national calendar of events
• Working with Technical Committees and Performance Sport colleagues to ensure the competitions and entry criteria are understood/published, the on-line entry system is operational and start lists produced to deadline
• Attending specific event planning meetings to liaise with the National Competition Organisers and representative from the venue, sponsors, event presentations etc.
• Co-ordinating/confirming event marketing and publications e.g. programmes and posters, sponsor boards, ticketing, on-line advertising/box office etc.
• Managing an effective operational plan for each event and appropriately deploying staff, volunteers and resources
• Managing event rigging and de-rigging
• Managing operational aspects of events e.g. audience control, stewards, VIP liaison, medal ceremony, event displays, merchandise sales/licences etc.
• Handling delegated administration and co-ordination duties as required pre-event e.g.
compiling/ disseminating information in relation to technical schedules/timetables for training days, qualifications and events for each delegation etc.
• Managing delegated tasks during events e.g. accrediting/registering delegates; event control; results distribution; protocol; attending to/resolving un-planned incidents.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
• Experience of sporting event management and/or a degree in event management
• Previous line management experience and experience of working with volunteers
• In-depth understanding of organising major events and competitions including schedules/processes for entry requirements, tick sales, medal ceremonies, VIP opportunities, athlete requirements, health & safety and safeguarding arrangements
• Knowledge and understanding of event planning, budgeting and expenditure authorisation processes.
• A broad range of professional skills including: networking; forward planning; budgeting; purchasing/negotiation; influencing communication; report writing/minute taking.
• An ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening
• Excellent organisational skills allowing effective management of tasks.
• Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a car for work
How to apply
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Closing date for applications is Midnight on Monday, 10 December 2018
Interviews will take place on 18 December 2018
Interviews will be held at Lilleshall National Sports Centre