Head of Finance
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Location: England Institute of Sport, Yorkshire
England Boxing are the National Governing Body for the one of the oldest sports in the world, one which has featured in the ancient and modern Olympics since 1904. We are now searching for a Head of Finance who will business partner the CEO, manage day to day finance and also lead HR operations. The role will suit a qualified accountant with a mix of commercial and technical finance skills, keen to work in the sports sector.
• Responsible for preparation and production of budgets, forecasting and management accounts together with cash flow forecasting and appropriate balance sheets
• Work with the CEO to deliver the annual and four-year funding plans and associated funding applications
• Lead on the financial monthly and year-end reporting processes including the preparation of monthly financial statements for the Board, funding authorities including Sport England and overseeing the annual external audit process.
• Oversee the preparation of the Audit Committee minutes and associated documents, ensuring they are prepared to the highest recognised standards. Responsibility to include attendance at the audit committee meetings and when necessary Board meetings.
• Responsible for instigating, implementing and ongoing improvement of the company’s financial controls, including purchase ordering & expenses processes in line with best practice.
• Oversee the tax affairs of the company including as required compliance preparation and lodging of appropriate documents with HRMC and Companies House etc.
• Support the broader business in all aspects of financial management, tax planning and related affairs. This may include the instigation and management of a suitable charity or foundation.
• Oversee and management the day-to-day operations of the payroll and benefits function including ensure all payroll and expenses are processed accurately and to agreed timelines.
• Manage relationships with all key benefit providers including, but not limited to the pension provider.
• Assist the CEO in management of the HR function and liaise with the company’s consultant to ensure the HR needs of the company are met and practices remain up to date and in line with legal obligations and best practice.
The Person –
• Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years’ relevant experience
• A track record in instigating & developing the financial processes and performance of an organisation with appropriate technical skills to deliver these requirements.
• Significant experience operating at a senior level, including financial reporting to Board of directors.
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a diverse range of stakeholders.
How to apply
Please email CV and Covering letter to Will Wyatt Will.Wyatt@psdgroup.com
Closing date for applications is 7 December 2018