Business Development Manager
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 and payment by results
Creating awareness of Goalball UK and providing support for its activities. Identifying opportunities, income generation, developing relationships and securing profitable activities for Goalball UK to help it deliver its strategic objectives.
Support from the Chief Executive, National Development Manager, Head of Talent, Head of Finance. Budget associated with business development.
• Develop comprehensive annual Business and Commercial Plans based on strategic corporate objectives set by the Board.
• Determination of business objectives to meet Goalball UK’s goals
• Plan and manage Goalball UK’s efforts to increase income
• Seek business opportunities
• Influence operational areas, for example membership, finance, IT, administration and human resources
• Lead decisions on new activity: assess each potential pursuit in regard to its ability to meet Goalball UK’s strategic goals
• Be a key representative of Goalball UK to partners, customers and commercial partners, with the ability to present and close deals
• Support marketing activities to ensure that goals are accomplished and targets met
• Support with when and why to use Third parties for Commercial opportunities, manage these relationships.
• Work with other staff and partners to develop and execute winning strategies to expand existing markets and enter new markets. In year 1 this will involve increasing income streams.
• Training of staff
• Member of Senior Management Team
• Work with Goalball UK colleagues to assist the organisation to achieve our vision and mission.
• Other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as determined by the Chief Executive Officer
• Attendance at relevant meetings
• Additional travel as required to support implementation of the strategy
• An understanding of equality issues, legislative requirements and barriers and issues that may prevent our priority groups from participating in Goalball UK, data protection, health and safety in the workplace and all Goalball UK policies
• A willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Development
How to apply
Applications together with CV to be sent to: John Coles, Goalball UK, English Institute of Sport Sheffield, Coleridge Road, Sheffield, S9 5DA or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 31 August