Senior Management Consultant (part time)
• The Women’s League of Health and Beauty (WLHB), a national charity which has worked under the more common name of Fitness League since 2000 (currently going through re-branding and will be known as FLEXERCISE from September 2017), is inviting tenders from appropriately qualified professionals to plan, lead and direct the growth and expansion of the rebranded organisation.
• Fitness League has had a long and worthy history since 1930s but now it seeks to modernise and expand in today’s fitness market.
• The consultant will need to work to the Chair and Trustees and interface or engage with the professional teachers and all relevant bodies.
• It is expected that the selected consultant will remain with the organisation through the full implementation but the appointment will be reviewed at 6 monthly intervals.
• Tenders for the consultancy position should include an introductory letter, or email, accompanied by a CV and give the annual cost for an annualised 1 day a week position, which includes itemised expenses that are considered will be incurred to carry out the work.
Senior Management Consultant (part time) Role specification
• The Senior Management Consultant (SMC) will have prime responsibility for driving the organisation to increase its visibility and thus the number of teachers and participants
• The SMC will familiarise him/herself with the nature of the organisation and within three months provide a scoping report proposing a costed way forward.
• The SMC will work within the organisation’s strategic plan and marketing strategy to achieve the required growth in teacher and participant numbers
• Following approval of the proposed way forward by the Trustees the SMC will agree budgets and appropriate targets and outcomes to be achieved
• Chair of the Trustees of WLHB
• The SMC will have a monthly meeting with the Chair and make written reports on progress to the Trustees
• The SMC will work with an existing Management Team of committed part time consultants and volunteers
Expected time commitment
• In the first instance this is expected to be one day per week on an annualised basis but will be subject to variation depending on the development of the role
Qualifications and experience
• Demonstrable evidence of growing an organisation, preferably within the leisure/fitness market, in the digital age
• Self-motivating with the ability to make things happen
• Experience of working with a Charity in a commercial environment
• Working with volunteers
Place of work
• The SMC will provide his/her own workbase and will be expected to attend Trustee and Management Team meetings. Some of these will be virtual meetings using Zoom or similar technology
The cost of the tender should include all reasonable expenses that will be incurred:
• Postage, telephone, day to day costs, attendance at meetings (e.g. 4 in a year in London), travel and subsistence to other parts of the country to carry out the required work (e.g. 4 in a year). Travel in addition to this can be paid if the criteria in the financial procedures are met including approval before arrangements and travel are made. Appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance should be held by the consultant.
Clerk to the Trustees email@example.com
Postal address: 32 Inkpen Gardens, Lychpit, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8YQ
Tenders to be received by noon on 27 July 2017 and will be opened on Friday 28 July 2017.
An interview for those short listed will be arranged before final decision is made during August.