The Women’s League of Health and Beauty (WLHB) is a national charity. The Trustees are looking to co-opt a new Board member with PR knowledge and experience in order to further the development of the organisation.
• The Women’s League of Health and Beauty (WLHB) was established in 1930 and became a registered charity in 1950.
• The charity works under the more common name of Fitness League since 2000 which is currently going through re-branding and will be known as FLEXERCISE from September 2017.
• It promotes physical fitness and training, providing education of teachers in the Bagot Stack exercise system and the provision of classes and associated events
• It provides a support structure for the encouragement of teachers in initial training and through life long continuing professional development.
• WLHB is an associate member of Sport & Recreation Alliance and a founder partner of EMDP (Exercise Movement and Dance Partnership, known as EMD UK)
• FL has a website www.thefitnessleague.com
• Meetings are generally held in London (up to 6 per year) however applications can be from any geographical area without restriction
• While trustee positions are not remunerated reasonable travel expenses are re-imbursed.
• Trustees are expected to serve on a working group.
• The maximum term of office for a trustee is 3 terms of 3 years
• WLHB has an equal opportunities policy and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons
Specification for a Trustee with PR knowledge and experience
ROLE: Trustee, WLHB
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chair, WLHB
This sets out the important skills and experience, etc. that you will need for the role. Each is ranked according to its importance (see key below)
Skills and abilities:
Ability to challenge, critically question and express opinions clearly
Management experience (paid or voluntary)
Professional skills in social marketing and media
Experience of strategic marketing and project management in the commercial or voluntary sector
Financial, budgetary control, balance sheet, income and expenditure
Committee function/committee experience
Ideally Knowledge of or empathy with fitness industry or leisure provision
Commitment to developing this charity for the 21st century
Willingness to attend meetings and gain knowledge of the charity
Team player with good interpersonal skills
Able to share collective responsibility for Board decisions
Ability to work as an ambassador for the charity
Commitment to equal opportunities
Contact Clerk to the Trustees for further details and application form: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01256 327014
Postal address: 32 Inkpen Gardens, Lychpit, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8YQ
Closing date for receipt of application forms: 20 September 2017