Senior Database Administrator
Contract: Fixed Term 9 months (with a view to make permanent)
Salary: £34,000 to £36,000pa pro rata and depending on experience
Location: Vauxhall, London
Are you passionate about how technology is changing the way we work? Do you want to use your technology skills to make a real difference for walkers? Do you want to join a busy ICT team within an organisation with big ambitions?
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
The Ramblers is looking to recruit a skilled and experienced individual to become the organisation’s database(s) expert to support and empower staff in the use of the databases to maximise fundraising and recruitment ROI and supporter activities.
You will be developing the existing data and business intelligence reporting and data analysis services provided by the ICT department to internal customer teams across the business.
This is a great opportunity to further develop your career in technology, giving a wide variety of ‘hands on’ experience in a digitally focused, ambitious organisation and would suit someone who is looking for their next step up in their IT career.
Responsibilities will include:
· Generating complex data extractions to the specifications of end users, for analysis or mailing for fundraising and brand generation purposes
· Developing and maintaining a standard suite of internal reports and review with relevant business units on a regular basis.
· Administration of the existing CRM database and other integrated bespoke databases.
· Optimisation of data contained within the databases.
· Reviewing data processes and structures, maintaining the integrity of the databases and improving data quality through regular audits and cleaning.
· Training staff in the use of database systems.
· Developing change management approaches to databases and system functionality.
Essential Requirements include:
· At least 3 years demonstrable experience in database reporting/analysis, design, programming, and implementation using Microsoft SQL
· Wide SQL skill set (queries, stored procedures, dts packages/SSIS and SSRS)
· Excellent data management skills and broad database administration knowledge
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience of data migrations
· Working knowledge of Crystal reports
· Experience creating and building end-user accessible reports
· Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively, prioritising own workload
How to apply
The role profile (job description and person specification) can be found here
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2017
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.