Non-Executive Director – Performance
Goalball is a Paralympic team sport for the visually impaired (VI) which is played in over 70 countries around the world. The UK men’s and women’s teams compete in the very strong European Region.
The long term aim is for both the men’s and women’s GB teams to qualify by right for the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games. To support this ambition Goalball UK, the NGB of Goalball in the UK, is seeking a Board Member with experience in elite sport.
· Assisting in supporting Goalball UK elite strategy
· Supporting identifying risks associated with delivery of the strategy
· Providing advice and guidance to the Performance Director and staff
· Assist with talent pathway to ensure optimum use of resources
· Attending quarterly board meetings
The position is voluntary although appropriate expenses will be reimbursed. Goalball UK is an inclusive organisation and equal opportunities employer.
Applications together with CV to be sent to:
John Coles, Goalball UK, English Institute of Sport Sheffield, Coleridge Road, Sheffield, S9 5DA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills, experience and requirements:
· A good understanding of the current sporting landscape
· Experience of working with a successful performance programme – talent through to podium
· Experience of working within the 4 year Paralympic Games cycle