Non-Executive Director- Fundraising
Goalball UK is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the Paralympic sport of goalball, which is played by visually impaired men and women in over 70 countries. The key objectives of the NGB are to increase participation in the sport in the UK and to improve elite performance to Paralympic medal level.
The NGB has ambitious growth plans over the next few years which will require third party funding. This requires the strengthening of the Board with the recruitment of a non-executive Director with experience in fundraising.
- Advising the CEO in devising new fundraising initiatives
- Assisting in identifying specific fundraising opportunities
- Input into current fundraising strategy
- Advising on strategy to ensure potential sources of funds are made aware of the NGB
- Attending quarterly Board meetings
The position is voluntary although appropriate expenses will be reimbursed Goalball UK is an inclusive organisation and equal opportunities employer.
Applications together with CV to be sent to:
John Coles, Goalball UK, English Institute of Sport Sheffield, Coleridge Road, Sheffield, S9 5DA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills, experience, and requirements:
- A strong background of and experience in fundraising
- Commitment to and empathy with Goalball UKs purpose and values
- Demonstrable independence, impartiality, and integrity
Closing date for applications 14 July 2017