These resources have been developed by the Alliance Governance team specifically for the Welsh sport sector.
Getting the right people on board can make the difference between success and failure in your organisation. This webinar will explore how to get the best possible people for your organisation and where to find them.
Understanding the sporting landscape
This webinar focuses on Principle 7 of the Governance and Leadership framework for Wales, looking at how NGBs and other sports organisations benefit from engaging with the wider sporting landscape across Wales, the UK and internationally. The whole sector benefits from collaboration and sharing of knowledge between organisations, and for individual organisations it’s imperative that they step out of their bubble and find out what’s happening elsewhere in the sector.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How we define “The Sporting Landscape”, domestically and internationally
- How you can engage better with the sporting landscape to benefit your organisation
- How to use this engagement to benefit your Strategic Planning, Risk Management and development of partnerships with other organisations and potential sponsors
Effective Boards Webinar
This webinar will explore some of the best practices which can help to make and maintain an effective board. It will focus on Principle two and four of the Governance and Leadership Framework for Wales, looking at the role of the board, and the importance of objectivity.
This webinar will cover:
- What effective recruitment and induction practices look like, and the importance of development opportunities for board members;
- An overview of the key governing documents required, and how they contribute to effective control on a board;
- An overview of the different board performance practices, including board evaluations and board skills audits;
- The importance of balancing skills, diversity and experience on a board, including the practices which can influence this, and their impact.
Integrity and Conflicts of Interest
Conflicts of interests became a growing concern in the industry, affecting the integrity of sports organisations. Where a conflict exists, or appears to exist, appropriate steps must be taken to manage the conflict.
The webinar will cover:
- How to identify and manage conflicts of interest?
- How can board directors protect integrity of their organisation?
- What to include in a conflict of interest policy and how to implement it;
- Principle one & six in The Principles of Good Governance for Sport and Recreation – Integrity, accountability and transparency;
- Examples of conflicts of interest.