This workshop will equip you with the skillset to become ‘board ready’ as a non-executive director (NED).
This training has been developed specifically for the sector by working with the Non-Executive Directors' Association (NEDA) and will look to identify how you can effectively apply principles of good governance to make sure you are fulfilling your responsibilities as a board member.
This course will cover:
- The role of a NED - understanding vs expectations;
- Corporate governance - an update and review of the governance landscape in the UK;
- A NED's duties and responsibilities and how you can apply principles of good governance to your board;
- The role of the chair
- Director attributes - to make sure you have a balanced board;
- Key strategic tools - what NED's need and how to use them;
- Stakeholder relations and how to maintain good communications;
- Strategic risk management.
The training will benefit both newly appointed directors and aspiring directors, and will also provide a useful professional development opportunity for more experienced NED’s looking to refresh their knowledge.
Interested in upskilling a number of your Directors at once? If so we can arrange bespoke courses - to find out more contact our Governance Team.
If you would like to find out about how to become a Sport and Recreation Alliance Member and save £300 on the cost of attending our Director Training please contact us.