This workshop is designed for experienced non-executive directors (NED’s) who wish to:
- Refresh their knowledge of what it means to be a director
- Learn new and/or different thinking about what it takes to be an effective director
- Reflect on what an effective board looks like
- Maintain their CPD record
This workshop focusses on what is expected of a director, and how he or she can add value in carrying out their role. The workshop will be interactive, examining what makes for an effective director, and how you can apply good governance practice to improve the performance of your board. This training has been developed specifically for the sector.
This workshop will cover:
- The purpose of an organisation, and the purpose of the board
- Directors’ duties
- Strategic decision making
- What happens when a board doesn’t do its job
- What a good board doesn’t look like!
- What a great board does
- What an effective director does
- Appropriate meeting behaviours
- Sustaining effective behaviours
Interested in upskilling a number of your Directors at once? If so, we can arrange bespoke courses - to find out more contact our Governance Team.
If you would like to find out about how to become a Sport and Recreation Alliance Member and save £300 on the cost of attending our Role of the Director and the Board workshop please contact us.
Value Alpha Limited
Seamus runs his own governance advisory business – Value Alpha Limited – working with boards and directors around the world. His particular focus is on board and director effectiveness, strategy and risk. He also runs a Leadership Development Programme for company secretaries.
Seamus works extensively with the sports sector. Previous clients have included organisations such as; GreaterSport, CSP Network, International Netball Federation, Rugby Football League and many more. He works closely alongside the SRA, delivering training in various aspects of governance.