This workshop will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the practices and behaviours which help contribute to effective boards. After the workshop you will:
- Have an improved knowledge of best practice around a board structure;
- Understand what the roles and responsibilities of a board are;
- Know what the key governing documents are for a board;
- Understand how you can improve your board recruitment processes.
This workshop will be led by Seamus Gillen, industry expert, and Director and Founder of Value Alpha Ltd. The workshop will be split into three themes:
- Why boards are a central feature of good-practice governance.
- Making sure your Directors are effective to improve your boards productivity.
- What are the critical behaviours required of a Director.
Principle Three (Leadership and Role of the Board) and Four (Board Structure) of The Principles of Good Governance will be the focus of this training and the following will be covered within the 3 workshop themes:
- The purpose of a board and the role it plays in making decision which deliver benefit to an organisation.
- Director competencies and attributes – getting the best team in place who offer knowledge, skills, experience, independence and diversity.
- Inducting and developing your directors and the importance of succession planning.
- How to make sure your board stays current and vital to your organisation.
- Ethical leadership which embeds values, cultures and behaviours within your organisation.
- Tone from the top and board relationships.
If you would like to find out about how to become a Sport and Recreation Alliance Member and save £150 on the cost of attending this workshop please contact us.