Community Sport and Recreation Awards 2015
The 2015 Community Sport and Recreation Awards were held on 8 July at the Royal Institution of Great Britain, London
There were seven categories of award up for grabs this year, all designed to highlight the breadth of the fantastic work that is undertaken in the community sport and recreation sector.
The 2015 award winners were:
- Community Sport + Recreation Overall Winner sponsored by perkins slade – Special People on Ice (SPICE)
- School Links Award sponsored by the Association for Physical Education – Bolton Rugby Union FC
- Volunteer Management Award sponsored by Volunteer Kinetic – ESSA Water Activities Centre
- Professional Club Community Programme of the Year Award sponsored by The Professional Footballers' Association (The PFA) – Club Doncaster Community Sport and Education Foundation
- Green Thinking Award sponsored by Utility Aid – Westmorland Wildfowlers Association
- Innovative Project Award sponsored by Thomas Eggar – Severnside Sub Aqua Club
- Youth Volunteering Award - sponsored by GBGroup - Cricket4Bromley
The 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games and those behind its success were celebrated with the award of the Arthur Bell Trophy. Chair of the organising committee Lord Robert Smith of Kelvin accepted the award on behalf of the Games.
Three Emeritus Awards were presented this year to the following:
- Hilary Weedon
- Allan Dean-Lewis MBE
- Philip Kimberley
The Emeritus Award is presented for life-long or sustained serivce to the sport and recreation sector.
Nominations for the 2016 Community Sport and Recreation Awards will open early next year.
To receive the Sport and Recreation Alliance’s free daily sports news summary, a round-up of the day’s most interesting and informative news articles on sport and recreation, including links to original sources, email firstname.lastname@example.org