Community Sport and Recreation Awards 2013
The 2013 Community Sport and Recreation Awards were held on 9 July at St James’s Palace in London.
There were six categories of award, designed to highlight the breadth of the fantastic work that is undertaken in the community sport and recreation sector.
The 2013 award winners were:
- Community Sport + Recreation Overall Winner – Ilkley Cycling Club
- School Links Award – Halton Table Tennis Club
- Volunteer Management Award sponsored by TMG CRB – Farnham Swimming Club
- Professional Club Community Programme of the Year Award sponsored by The Professional Footballers' Association (The PFA) – Blackburn Rovers FC Community Trust
- Green Thinking Award sponsored by Utility Aid – Hammerwich Cricket Club
- Innovative Project Award sponsored by Hiscox – Chess in Schools and Communities
The architect behind Britain’s most successful Olympics gold medal haul for more than 100 years and a tireless campaigner for school sport Baroness Sue Campbell, was presented with the prestigious Arthur Bell Trophy for her services to developing sport in wider society.
Departing Alliance board member Dame Di Ellis, was awarded the coveted Emeritus Award for a life-time's commitment to sport and recreation in the UK.
To receive the Sport and Recreation Alliance’s free daily sports news summary, a round-up of the day’s most interesting and informative news articles on sport and recreation, including links to original sources, email firstname.lastname@example.org