Information we may collect from you
Interacting with us, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.sportandrecreation.org.uk (our site). This includes information you provide at the time of registering to use our site, subscripting to our service or requesting further services.
- Information or material that you post or contribute to our site e.g. blogs and case studies etc.
- If you contact us, by phone, email or letter, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify an individual.
For the same reason, we might obtain information about general usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Overall cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store financial details.
Uses made of the information
We will use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services concerning the sport and recreational sector and our services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To maintain our organisational records and databases.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To supply to partner organisations as outlined below.
We may also use your data, or permit partners organisations to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
We will communicate with you by telephone, letters, emails or other reasonable means with updates and information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a sale to you or enquiry from you.
Links to other websites
Certain parts of our website may contain links to other websites which have information of interest. However, once you have used these links and left our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Disclosure of your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive information from partner organisations or other third parties, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Partner unsubscribe” in the subject field. If you do not wish to be contacted by the Sport and Recreation Alliance, please specify this in the email (otherwise you will continue to be contacted by us).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Access to information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To receive the Sport and Recreation Alliance’s free daily sports news summary, a round-up of the day’s most interesting and informative news articles on sport and recreation, including links to original sources, email email@example.com