Improvements to the policy and legal framework for public rights of way
This consultation builds on the recommendations of 'Stepping Forward' to reform the system of recording public rights of way (PROW), including:
- confirming the intention to keep the 2026 cut-off date for recording pre-1949 PROW
- recommedning the extension of reforms to all public path orders
- suggesting changes to the the process of altering PROW affected by the proposed developments.
All users of public rights of way.
- The Alliance's Access Working Group has called on the government to implement the recommendationso of the 'Stepping Forward' report in full.
- The Alliance is pleased that the consultation appears to support this policy.
- The proposals to reform public path orders and PROW affected by proposed developments appear to cut unecessary red tape.
- The Alliance will consult with its members to ensure that the proposals do not conflict with the interest of user groups.
To receive the Sport and Recreation Alliance’s free daily sports news summary, a round-up of the day’s most interesting and informative news articles on sport and recreation, including links to original sources, email email@example.com