Contract: Fixed Term until 30 April 2018
Location: SportPark, Loughborough, LE11 3QF
Scope and Accountabilities
(The degree of leadership / managerial / budgetary or people responsibility and/or key focus of the role - what it is expected to deliver)
· Develop project scopes, plans and functional/technical specifications ensuring key partners are updated throughout their projects and provided with end of project reviews
· Conduct relevant business analysis to identify and develop innovative solutions in order to resolve highlighted issues
· Be responsible for managing project-related budgets where directed by the Operations Director
(The breadth of collaborative working and influence over internal / external stakeholders)
· Build a strong working relationship with the Operations Director and the IoS in order to be a credible key contact for the project
· Relationship management with suppliers, consultants and partners, including liaison to ensure the provision of solid technical and business advice to the project
· Work proactively and collaboratively to support key business partners to develop and deliver the project to meet the organisations’ business needs
· Develop partnerships with other Swim England departments to ensure dependencies to the project are identified and appropriate actions taken
· To work constructively and collaboratively with colleagues across Swim England and the wider aquatics sector, where appropriate
(The extent to which the role demands strategic thinking to influence colleagues and stakeholders in support of the organisation’s aims.)
· To project manage the development and implementation of a new online booking system for the Institute of Swimming (IoS)
· Identify, monitor and communicate project-related risks and issues and advise appropriate actions/changes to project scope
· To always act internally and externally as a positive role model for Swim England and the IoS.
Managerial / Professional Expertise
(The degree of technical knowledge and experience which is needed)
· Build a sound understanding of the IoS and its operations in order to understand the implications the project may have on current processes
· Build a sound working knowledge of the system in order to support team members with implementation and troubleshooting
· Use extensive project management experience in order to effectively manage the project to fruition
· Apply knowledge gained from the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualifications to advise on business change procedures, where appropriate
(The actual tasks and KPIs against which performance is measured and appraised)
· Project manage the development and implementation of the IoS Search, Book & Pay website through to go live
· Support IoS to implement any related business/process change necessary to support the successful implementation of the new website
· Deliver presentations to SLT and relevant stakeholders as appropriate and when required
· To keep project plans updated and provide progress reports upon request
· Attend project related meetings and conference calls when required
· The post holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
· The post holder will proactively comply with and promote all organisation policies, in particular those relating to Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety
How to apply
To apply for this role please click here to complete our suitability statement.
Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to the email address below.
This should include your preferred working pattern and any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
Applications received without all elements above or after the closing date will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date for applications is 17 September
Interview date: Wednesday 27 and Friday 29 September