Satellite Club Project Coordinator
Salary: £20,057 – £26,916
To deliver the Sport England programme, Satellite Clubs as per the agreed delivery plan. The post holder will also build and maintain strong working relationships with partners including NGB staff, County Associations / Development Groups, sports clubs, non traditional organisations & other relevant groups, and will lead our club development work.
· To successfully deliver the Sport England Satellite Club programme as per the agreed delivery plan by dealing with applications, funding awards and agreements, publicity and promotion and collection of all monitoring and evaluation and impact information.
· To advocate the aims and objectives of the Satellite Club programme as outlined by Sport England.
· For delivery of the Satellite Clubs, build on an understanding of local needs to work with a variety of delivery partners in the county to ensure they are engaging inactive young people aged 14 to 19 people and know how to generate behaviour change.
· To build and maintain strong working relationships with partners including NGB staff, County Associations / Development Groups, sports clubs, non-traditional organisations – youth groups, organisations in the VCS and other relevant groups (particularly those working with hard to reach young people).
· To support the development of Sports Clubs and other sports providers and the mainly volunteer sporting workforce for the delivery of increased quantity and quality of sporting activity, regularly attending clubs and relevant groups.
· To support the development and implementation of marketing and communications plans, especially the effective use of social media and the use of web-to-print marketing opportunities.
· To ensure all resources and information are used effectively and in compliance with appropriate guidelines, and to support the achievement of targets and completion of internal and external monitoring and evaluation and project reporting.
· To support the development of internal cross-project working, team building and business development and continuous improvement work.
· To support the promotion of quality standards in sport in particular equity and safeguarding.
· To perform any other duties and tasks which are appropriate to this role and commensurate with the grading of the post.
· There will be frequent requirement to work unsocial hours (evenings and weekends) and for travel around the partnership area and further afield which will necessitate the post holder having a driving licence and access to car available for use for work purposes (including business cover insurance).
· An up to date knowledge of sport including NGB, local authority, sports clubs, education
· An up to date knowledge of organisations working with hard to reach young people
· An up to date knowledge of Sport England core offer, programmes and funding
· Proven ability to work methodically, record progress and monitor impact
· Good organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
· Strong project management skills with a proven ability to plan, manage and report against projects and budgets
· Ability to work to targets and agreed timescales
· Good leading and influencing skills
· Ability to engage people and build successful, focused partnerships
· Well developed interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Proactive attitude with a strong drive and enthusiasm
· Commitment to providing a good level of service to partners and customers
· Excellent written and oral communications skills with attention to detail
· Commitment to the principles of equity and safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults in sport and the achievement of quality standards and continuous improvement
· All round ability to use IT systems, tools and software.
· Genuine interest in sport and an understanding of the contribution that sport and physical activity can make to people’s lives and a demonstrable desire to support this
· Commitment to continuous professional development and personal improvement
· Ability and willingness to work unsocial hours regularly and to travel where required
· Commitment to Living Sport’s Purpose and Values
· Living Sport’s purpose is to inspire everyone to lead healthy lives by increasing and improving opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity
· Passionate about what we do
· Striving for excellence
· Making a positive impact
How to apply
For full job descriptions and an application form please see our website www.livingsport.co.uk.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Tuesday 29 August
Interviews will take place on Monday 11 September