Membership Services Administrator
Salary: £17,500 per annum
The overall aim of the department is to ensure that communication to the sport, our membership base and staff is cohesive. To provide complete administrative support to the team which will involve the maintenance of all paper and electronic filing systems and general office administration duties to include filling, scanning, photocopying, handling internal and external post.
· To professionally and effectively handle first line response to in-bound telephone calls and emails in line with protocols communicated by the Membership Services Manager.
· To act as the departmental expert specifically in the areas of Affiliation / Eligibility / Foreign Athlete Registration.
· Manage and maintain a record of all eligibility requests received on a monthly basis, communicating with the Virtual Committee on a timely basis and highlighting any areas of concern to the Chairperson of the Committee and the Head of Membership Services.
· Manage and maintain a record of Foreign Athletes registered to compete for affiliated clubs through annual updates from each club that has registered foreign athletes.
· To maintain the Clubfinder database, ensuring all records are kept up to date with the most current information and ensuring these are checked throughout the year.
· To be the point of contact for Run England queries and create Run England groups and leaders to ensure continuity it maintained in our participation area of the organisation
· To effectively process customer bookings for all coach, officials and teacher education courses and national and area events when required.
· To support Education and Official Coordinators in organisation and administration for coach and official education programme.
· To effectively liaise with our Finance Department regarding the processing of financial transactions when required, ensuring all administration is effectively maintained and all cheques and cash received are recorded accurately for all aspects of our portfolio.
· To provide administrative support to the sport by working closely with staff and volunteers as directed the Membership Services Manager.
· To provide administrative support for coach and official licensing as required.
· To maintain accurate records of data on the relevant databases including data collection, entry & analysis and affiliation data as required and provide reports on specific areas as requested by the organisation.
· To provide administrative support to England representative teams and championship events
· To represent England Athletics at our events, undertaking duties as required on the day
· To actively support continuous improvement by making suggestions on how systems and service delivery can be improved to achieve a world class membership experience.
Main Job Requirements and Person Specification
· Good GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English and an NVQ qualification in Administration/Customer Service or equivalent
· Previous experience of provision of comprehensive administration service within an organisation.
· Excellent knowledge and experience in administrative support of event and education programmes and the annual cycle of activity surrounding the affiliation calendar preferably gained within athletics
· Ability to use all Microsoft Packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook essential.
· Experience working with databases to process information.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Evidence of ability to work accurately under pressure
Closing date for applications is 16 August 2017