Coach Education Tutor
The Tutor role involves delivering on Coach Education courses, which are predominantly organised on weekends. The Delivery Team on course will consist of a Lead Tutor and Co-Tutor and you will be responsible for working closely as part of the Delivery Team to ensure that the course outcomes are delivered effectively and on time. On occasions this Team will also include Trainee Tutors and England Athletics Trainers.
England Athletics tutors are considered consultants of the business; you will need to declare yourself self-employed.
All Tutors must be appropriately qualified in their area of delivery and maintain their Tutor CPD credentials. Experience as a Coach is an integral part of the Quality Assurance process and enables England Athletics to allocate the right Tutors on the right courses to give the best knowledge and experience to the candidates attending the courses. It is also important to note that all of the courses require tutors to have a broad base of technical knowledge covering run, jump and throw activities in order to deliver on the programme. This knowledge can be obtained through the Event Group Development courses, the Tutor Conference, Tutor Development days, masterclasses, coaching CPD events and uCoach.
For tutors that wish to deliver on the Athletics Coach programmes a thorough understanding of all the Event Group modules is desirable. Tutors are encouraged to develop their range of technical knowledge over time to support the delivery and assessment of this course. For tutors that wish to deliver on the Coach in Running Fitness programme the Endurance Technical Event Group module will be required.
All interested applicants wishing to become involved as a tutor on any of England Athletics’ Coach Education courses should complete and submit an application form. Applications will be screened against the following criteria:
· UK Athletics licensed Level 2 Coach or Coach in any area of specialism of the current Coach Education programme (Athletics Coach or Coach in Running Fitness)
· Completion of a Child Protection/Safeguarding course
· First aid qualified
· Completion of a Disability Inclusion course
· Significant and relevant experience as a coach (current or recent - in the stage of athlete development related to the course they are applying to deliver)
· Experience of risk assessment in athletics / educational environment
· Relevant and appropriate technical knowledge and understanding of athletics content in courses applying to deliver
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
· Experience in presenting information, in various formats
· Experience in group facilitation
· Experience in delivering educational programmes meeting the learning outcomes of the course / qualification
· Ability to reflect on own personal performance, produce and follow a personal development plan
· Demonstrate high personal and professional standards
· Understanding of England Athletics Coach Education Programme and Coach Development structures
Commitment / Capacity
· Minimum commitment to 8 days per year to tutor in England
· Willing to undertake the England Athletics tutor training and development programme
· Willing to sign up to the terms and conditions of the tutor license and abide by England Athletics’ Tutor Code of Conduct
· Willing to travel to deliver courses and flexibility regarding course locations
· Work closely with education administrators in replying promptly to availability and allocation requests.
How to apply
For more information and to apply for this role, please follow the link and visit our website; http://www.englandathletics.org/about-england-athletics/job-vacancies or contact Paul Moseley (Education and Workforce Manager) email@example.com for an informal discussion regarding the Tutoring role.
Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Friday 31 July 2017
Interviews will take place on the following dates and venues 9/ 10 September 2017 – Taunton Area