Salary: £35,000 - 40,000, subject to experience
British Dressage is the National Governing Body for the Olympic and Paralympic sport of dressage. Following on from an amazing haul of 14 medals at London 2012, including seven golds, the sport continues to go from strength to strength, winning a further 11 medals at the 2014 World Equestrian Games, followed by eight gold and five silver medals in Rio 2016. Great Britain is the reigning Paralympic Team Champions and in Charlotte Dujardin we have the first ever double Olympic, European and World Champion.
As a result there has never been a more exciting time to join the team at British Dressage. The sport is enjoying a public profile like never before, with a growing membership of over 17,000 plus a further 35,000 registered supporters. With a team of 38 employees, supported by an extensive network of volunteers, British Dressage now regulates 3,000 days of competition a year.
British Dressage has ambitious plans for further development and we are therefore looking to recruit an experienced sales and marketing professional who can deliver a strategy to help us realise the full commercial potential of the sport. We are searching for an innovative and dynamic individual, who can provide leadership to both the marketing and membership teams, increase our membership through proactive sales and marketing initiatives, attract and retain high profile partners and corporate sponsors, drive new fundraising initiatives and diversify our revenue streams via merchandising, licensing and donations.
Whilst a knowledge and passion for equestrian sport would certainly be advantageous, it is not essential. More vital is that you have extensive experience in business management and marketing, ideally in a sports environment, and have a proven track record of delivering commercial success. Candidates with a fundraising background in the not-for-profit sector would also be welcomed.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive and determined self-starter, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines, working equally well autonomously or as part of a team. Confident and articulate, you will be an effective ambassador for British Dressage, helping to build relationships with our key stakeholders and associated third parties.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive and work collaboratively with the senior management team to assist them with the ongoing implementation of the strategic plan.
Knowledge / Experience:
· Educated to degree level or equivalent
· Experienced marketing professional with sales experience
· Strong business management and leadership skills
· Proven track record of delivering commercial success
· Experience of sponsorship and commercial partnerships
· Exposure to not-for-profit sector / fundraising activity
· Good knowledge of licensing and merchandising
· Equestrian interest and knowledge would be advantageous
· Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office suite
· Driving licence and own car
Personal Skills / Characteristics
· High degree of personal and professional integrity
· Innovative, dynamic, determined and focused individual
· Enthusiastic, positive and motivated self-starter
· Ability to multi-task, work to deadlines and under pressure
· Equally adept at working independently or as part of a team
· Inclusive and consultative, involving all key stakeholders
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Confident and articulate speaker, with good presentation skills
· Friendly and approachable, with excellent interpersonal skills
· Personable, with ability to build strong professional relationships
· Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and current salary details to Angela Green at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description is available on request.
Closing date for applications is Friday 28 July 2017
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 2 August 2017