Location:Preferred location Manchester or Glenmore
Disability Snowsport UK is a charity which promotes equal and accessible opportunities to snow sports for people with disabilities. Skiing is one of the only sports people with a severe disability can take part in, and we believe that whatever the disability there is a way to get on the slopes. Skiing contributes to overall wellbeing and provides a much-needed space for people with disabilities to be active and socialise.
Disability Snowsport UK is moving in an exciting direction, next year the Paralympics will take place in Pyeongchang and whilst our elite skiers compete for medals we are committed to grow grassroots access to adaptive skiing throughout our centres in the UK. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to take on the role of Fundraising Manager within our team. This role is one which you can make your own and the diversity of our members and work means no two days are the same. If you have experience growing the fundraising base for small to medium sized charities and are looking for your next challenge this might be the role for you.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Supporting the development of a fundraising strategy which is aligned to the new organizational strategy for 2018 – 2023
• Developing a donor engagement plan to maintain and strengthen relationships with existing donors and develop new relationships
• Create a calendar of fundraising outreach to attend key events and meet with existing and prospective donors
• Maintaining a fundraising pipeline and reporting on progress to the Senior Management Team
• Leading on the development of fundraising opportunities, coordinating inputs from the ski school teams, finance teams and operations team
• Timely submission of fundraising applications and attentive follow up to understand the final outcome of an application
• Working closely with the Finance Manager to ensure up to date and accurate reporting of income
• Leading the grant start-up phase of projects when new funding is received
• Working with the ski school teams and operations staff to compile grant reports and correspondence
• Organising fundraising events – such as site visits to ski schools and open days – to build corporate relationships
• Ensuring the voices of DSUK members and clients are a central part of our fundraising applications
• Contributing to external communication and annual report which capture the impact of donor funding on the lives of those who benefit from DSUK services
• Managing donor relationships through the eTapestry platform
Passion for innovation and creativity
• Disability Snowsport UK is moving in an exciting new direction. As a result we are seeking to diversify our funding streams and apply for larger grants (GBP 500,000 – 1,000,000). We are looking for an individual who has a passion for thinking outside the box and taking an innovative approach to fundraising. This role will involve quarterly travel to other ski school locations and/or to meet with existing and prospective donors.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in charity fundraising
• Relevant academic or professional qualification desirable
• Proven ability to lead successful funding proposals for bids in the region of GBP 10,000 – GBP 500,000
• Proven ability to successfully identify new funders
• Ability to work off own initiative and in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work as part of team which is geographically dispersed
• Ability to define and implement systematic ways of approaching donor management
• Excellent verbal, written and IT skills
• Experience of organising events
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and CV to email@example.com. Please use 'Fundraising Manager application' as the email subject line.