Marketing & Events Coordinator
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Location: West Didsbury, South Manchester
Contract: Fixed Term (Full time)
The BMC is the national body for climbers, walkers and mountaineers in England and Wales. The organisation has over 83,000 members, 33 staff and a nationwide network of volunteers. This post is part of the Marketing and Communications team and requires an organised and friendly marketing/events co-ordinator with a real interest in the outdoors. The post holder will need to enjoy working in a busy and informal atmosphere as the BMC balances the needs of different work areas and adapts to meet new challenges.
The Marketing and Events Co-ordinator is a key member of the BMC Marketing and Communications team, responsible for the delivery of the membership and insurance marketing plans, including co-ordinating major marketing events throughout the year.
Specific work areas
• Co-ordinate the delivery of BMC membership and travel insurance campaigns.
• Organise a forward calendar of important events throughout the year, such as film festivals, major competitions and outdoor festivals.
• Develop the BMC mobile stands and visual displays to maximise the presence of the BMC at local and national events.
• Co-ordinate and represent the BMC at events throughout England and Wales.
• Co-ordinate the production of marketing merchandise and promotional items.
• Book print adverts in specialist media under the direction of the Head of Marketing.
• Regularly check and update online information relevant to travel insurance, membership and membership benefits.
• Work closely with the digital marketing co-ordinator and online communication co-ordinator to manage the BMC brand online.
• Provide proactive support to the Head of Marketing & Communications.
• Co-ordinate the BMC ambassador scheme.
• Undertake outreach to key online influencers.
• Assist with the development of the BMC’s retail discount scheme and relationships with key retailers.
• Support and develop new and existing online and offline marketing initiatives.
• Provide marketing support to the BMC Access & Conservation Trust.
• Any other such work the organisation may ask you to undertake from time to time.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send the following items to email@example.com
a. A one page covering letter explaining your interest in the job.
b. An up-to-date CV with details of two referees (note: we will not contact referees without your permission).