Referee Development Officer
Contract: Fixed term contract until June 30th 2019 (Post continuation subject to funding)
Salary: Circa £22,000 - £26,000 (Dependent on experience)
· Support the delivery of the Essex FA Business Plan and its National Game targets
· Manage recruitment and development programmes for Referees that maximise coverage of affiliated League and Cups fixtures.
· Develop inclusive recruitment strategies for Referees that increases the proportion of BAME and female Referees.
· Provide support for Safeguarding Children and Young People programmes and policies
· To work with key partners to enhance the support and guidance to the referee workforce
· Develop and implement effective recruitment and retention strategies for referees that deliver County FA Key Performance Indicators
· Lead and support the volunteer Referee Development Team in the delivery of referee development initiatives
· Provide a range of learning and development opportunities for the referee workforce including; practical training and development, mentoring, seminars and on-line learning opportunities.
· Implement strategies to increase the proportion of active BAME and female Referees
· Provide support and guidance to the County FA Inclusion Advisory Group
· Manage the system of identifying young referees to develop within the Referee Academy and the FA CORE programme.
· Support with the development of Referee Observers, Tutors, Mentors, Coaches and other workforce volunteers
· Support the management of the online registration process for Referee registration
· Work with Football Development Officers to support League and Club development programmes and Recreational football opportunities
· Work with the Governance Manager and County Welfare Officer to ensure an effective and efficient football discipline process
· Provide Administrative support to the Senior Referee Development Officer
· Provide appropriate guidance to Referees to ensure individuals complete the necessary FA Safeguarding Children and DBS requirements
· Experience of Refereeing and /or Referee Development
· Knowledge of the Laws of The Game
· Demonstrate an understanding of inclusion, equality and anti – discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
· Ability to work flexibly and sometimes unsociable hours
· Experience in working with a volunteer workforce
· Good communication skills (written and visual presentations)
· Diplomacy and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential information
· Full Driving Licence
· Knowledge of the structure and organisations within football
· Project Management and Planning
· FA Licensed Referee Tutor
· Experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and also web conferencing technology
*As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure, to ensure their suitability for the role.
How to apply
A full job description and personal specification can be downloaded at www.essexfa.com.
Applications, in the form of a completed Job Application pack should be sent in an envelope marked ‘private and confidential’ to: Senior Referee Development Officer, Essex County FA, The County Office, Springfield Lyons Approach, Springfield, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 5LB.
Or via email to: James.Lisher@essexfa.com
Closing date: Wednesday 28 June 2017
Interview date: Thursday 6 July 2017
Essex FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community