Communications Officer (Digital)
Salary: £24,173 - £29,428 p.a.
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties. This will involve a minimum of 36 hours and may include working outside normal office hours at evenings and weekends and on Public Holidays.
Location: The normal place of work is Bloomsbury Street, London (WC1B), however this role will involve national travel to other EIS sites.
This role is responsible for:
· Contributing to the development and delivery of the Marketing & Communications Team’s communications strategy and implementation across a variety of channels
· Overseeing the development, delivery and evaluation of the EIS’s social media strategy across all channels
· Managing and overseeing the ongoing development and maintenance of the EIS website (www.eis2win.co.uk); maintain the house style and develop and manage the video and photo archive
· Creation and production of content and assets for the EIS’s website and social media channels
· Planning, researching and writing articles, blogs and stories
· Developing and producing video, audio (podcast) and visual content and assets
· Working with colleagues in the Marketing & Communications team and providing support on marketing, media and press office activities when required.
· Providing advice and support to EIS colleagues and practitioners on communications issues and enabling them to showcase the role, success and achievements of the organisation.
Main Tasks and Activities
· Oversee the development, delivery and evaluation of the EIS’s social media strategy across all channels
· Support media relations and marketing activities through social media activations and develop and deliver social media campaigns to support specific activities and events
· Maintain a keen interest in developments in digital communications and e
· Stay abreast of social media developments in the sport sector on a day-to-day basis; engage with relevant debates and provide insights to colleagues
· Manage relationships with external suppliers
· Provide regular analytic reports to the Communications Team to help shape overall Digital Communications strategy
· Plan, research and write articles, blogs, features and news stories to appear on the EIS website and for distribution via social media
· Develop and produce video, audio (podcast) and visual content for the EIS website and social media channels; will include idea development and filming, recording and editing (Training provided)
· Oversee production of audio and visual outputs created by outside agencies to ensure they meet brand guidelines
· Manage and update the EIS’s photography archive
· Help develop and deliver the strategy for the EIS website and monitor progress against agreed KPIs
· Manage the day-to-day running of the website and operational development informed by the latest developments in the sector
· Be the primary point of contact for the web agency to ensure the website is robust, secure and provides an exceptional user experience.
· Provide technical advice and website solutions to colleagues
· Manage the EIS website to ensure all core content is up- to-date both in terms of current news and generic content, in liaison with other members of the Communications Team and colleagues from across the organisation. Adhering to website house style and abiding by the image license agreements entered into by the EIS.
· Ensuring all content is appropriately cleared for use by all parties and free from copyright limitations.
· Identify and implement developments to the website including new technology
· Provide basic training to colleagues on editing the website and navigating the WordPress content management system.
· Manage feedback and questions posed via the EIS website, in consultation with other EIS staff, to provide accurate and fast responses to enquiries
Media relations and communications support
· Provide general support to the national Marketing & Communications Team.
· Attend national and regional meetings and workshops, training courses and visit EIS sites on occasion and as appropriate.
· Provide support to colleagues on marketing, media and press office activities when required
· Provide advice and support to EIS colleagues and practitioners on communications issues
· Be the central point of contact internally and externally to advise on all digital communications.
Closing date for applications is 28 June 2017
Interview Date: 5 July 2017