Head of Finance
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits package
Location: London, W1
This role will provide essential support to the CFO and have responsibility for the finance team comprising of three members of staff. The individual will ensure that the finance operation is run in an efficient and effective manner to comply with all statutory requirements and maintain a robust control environment.
This individual will be leading the Company’s financial monthly forecast, annual and quad budgeting process, and responsible for operating plan variance analysis and finance input on special projects. They will provide financial and strategic support to senior management including preparing board and other financial presentations, capital expenditure review, new business opportunities and other projects requested by senior management. This person will provide analytical capability to the company and will work as a finance business partner to provide insights and support business decision making.
· Oversee the finance team of three staff including performance management and development.
· Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements – Annual Report and Financial Statements, VAT returns, tax etc.
· Maintain a robust control environment including review and application of controls, policies and procedures.
· Work with budget holders to review monthly results, develop forecasts and plans, and ensure that operations are developed within budget.
· Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
· Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and preparing variance analysis.
· Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting and Modeling tools including cash flow forecasting.
· Develop the framework for Games-Time finance operations including Games-Time policies and procedures.
· Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports.
· Develop the Company’s reporting to provide meaningful insight and analysis.
· Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
· Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
· Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
· Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team.
· Deputise for the Chief Financial Officer as required
Key Challenges in Delivering the Role
· Requirement for a diverse skill-set including strong technical skills, a good grasp of financial control principles and financial planning & analysis capability.
· Ability to become a trusted finance business partner, being in a position that both supports the business, but is able to challenge as required.
· Being able to work under pressure particularly in preparation for Board meetings.
Relationships and Interfaces
· Management and development of three staff members
· The role involves interfacing with all other departments across the company
· Building and maintaining good professional relationships with members of staff across the whole organisation, particularly senior management and budget holders.
· Professionally qualified with 5+ years post qualification experience
· Strong technical and financial control background
· Experience in Financial Business Partner or Financial Planning and Analysis roles
· Strong interpersonal skills, capable of dealing with staff at all levels
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
· Familiar with working with Financial Systems to extract data for analysis purposes
· Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organised.
· Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
· Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
· Strong people management skills
· Ability to work under pressure according to strict deadlines
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining relevant skills and experience to Recruitment@TeamGB.com including the reference HOF2017 in your application.
Please include details of your current salary and notice period.
Closing date for applications is 25 June 2017
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all candidates. Those shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted no later than Friday 30 June.