Salary: £21,000 - £22,500 per annum
The Cruising Legal and Government Affairs Department consists of Legal, Cruising, Environmental and Safeguarding and Equality. It represents and protects the interests of RYA members and affiliated clubs and organisations at regional, government and international level and provides them with legal, cruising, environmental and safeguarding and equality advice and information.
The Senior Administrator is the first point of contact for enquiries via email and telephone calls and deals with RYA members, clubs, class associations, staff and committee members at all levels.
The role holder will be responsible for providing general administrative support to Legal, Cruising, Environmental and Safeguarding and Equality.
The responsibilities of the Senior Administrator will include, but are not limited to:
· Receive and respond to enquiries, answering those requiring standard replies and forwarding others to the relevant expert staff as appropriate, to ensure that personal members, clubs and associations receive relevant and timely advice and Information.
· Assist with ensuring Guidance Notes, publications and relevant areas of the website are kept up to date and readily accessible.
· Issue Craft Identification Numbers and Certificates.
· Organise travel and accommodation for the department and members of committees when required. Ensure that RYA regional representatives are sent relevant documentation from Government departments to enable investigations to be conducted into planning and development impacts on sailing clubs and navigational hazards etc. (using the Marine Management Organisation Portal).
· Organise catering, meetings and events (including occasional attendance at evening or weekend events, Boat Shows etc.).
· Processing invoices and credit card accounts.
· Assist with committee recruitment, receiving and logging applications, bookings interviews, notifying applicants of decision
A range of benefits including pension scheme, free life insurance, 23 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
To apply, please visit www.rya.org.uk/go/jobs to review the job description, and complete an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form.
Please note that we do not accept CV's in lieu of a fully completed application form.
The RYA is committed to equality of opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon 23 June 2017
Interviews to be held: 4 July 2017