Glamorgan CCC has a vision of ‘Making Wales Proud’ and an ambition of establishing the Club as a thriving First Class County which inspires the people of Wales to play, attend and follow our national summer sport.
In order to achieve our goal the Club is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Treasurer to join the new Glamorgan CCC Board. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed by a Nominations Panel and the successful candidate shall be elected to serve for an initial 3-year term.
The Glamorgan CCC Board’s role is to:
- Agree Glamorgan CCC’s vision and strategic plan and ensure that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the Club to meet its objectives
- Provide leadership and expertise within a framework of effective financial control that enables risk to be assessed and managed
- Set the Glamorgan CCC values and standards and ensure that its obligations to its members and others are understood and met
More specifically the Treasurer is expected to:
· Provide strategic leadership for the financial strategy in conjunction with the Finance Director and in line with the long-term vision of the Club
· Scrutinise budgets in conjunction with the CEO and the Finance Director
· Review Management Accounts for the Board
· Work with the Finance Director and company auditor to finalise Annual Accounts
· Work with grant funders, professional staff and ECB
· Be IT literate with a knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts
Collectively we need the right balance of skills, knowledge, experience, independence and diversity to meet the needs of cricket and the communities we serve. As a group, Board Directors need to demonstrate experience in key areas including; First Class and International cricket, finance, marketing and commercial operations, change management, strategic planning, relationship management, and risk assessment. More specifically the Treasurer needs to lead the finances of Glamorgan CCC in an open and transparent manner with support from the Chief Executive and Finance Director.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Hugh Morris, Glamorgan CCC CEO on 02920 419308. For an information pack and an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 02920 419339 or visit www.glamorgancricket.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 23 June 2017